Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Ek Cutting Chai!!!


Taking a sip of tea at 12:10 in the night & thinking whether tea is going to be National Drink or not. But anyways what the duck… even if it become, it’s not going to change my life anyhow. After kicking up my many mornings & making up my evenings, ek blog chai ke liye to banta hai boss!!!

I wasn’t that huge fan of chai until college. There was noconcept of bed-tea or evening tea in my life. Chai at home would hardly be considered as Tea itself; I would rather call it milk-shake in ‘tea’ flavour. Seriously mom hardly takes water & never forgets to add extra dose of malai in it. We bring the milk from tabela so anyways there’s hardly any water in that too. So overall it’s complete milk-shake :p. The only time I use to drink tea at my home was in the morning with bhakhri.

Another 8th wonder of the tea-world is tea of my native village. It’s a tradition there to make tea whenever guest visits home. I took my chances & visited there once. *slurp* They must be getting special discount on sugar or they have sugar well like those arabs have oil wells. I remember that day when tea was served in full cup & saucer. I finished the cup (5th or 6th of the day) & after 10-15 minute when I tried lifting it up from saucer, it was stick to it so hard (due to extra (XXXL) sugar) that when I lifted the cup & saucer also followed. I survived my 1 week trip only on gandhiya, jalebi & chai at village & would never ever forget it.


*slurp* When I joined the college at nadiad, I always wondered why people enjoyed spending money for that milk-less tea. I still used to believe that the only best chai in the world was my mom’s milk-shake chai while these people were drinking fikki chai. Finally miracle happened. Bhupat, nadiad’s famous tea stall changed all my beliefs. Irresistible, addictive, tempting are the words for his tea. Whether its parle-g or magix, santram’s sada puff or panner puff, nothing went inside my tummy without his tea. Before exam, after exam, in the morning, in the evening it was MUST. *slurp* (no more slurp since tea is over now…)

Things changed but habit of tea-stall hasn’t changed yet. Cutting price increased from 2Rs to 6Rs & my daily dose 1-2 cup a day reached from 2-3 & than 3-4 & now finally upto 5-6 cups a day. Morning kick starts with an awesome jinger chai from bhakti. Another cup during breakfast, another 1 at office in the morning & few more in the evening. I decided to leave it many times, decided to cut down the count many times but arjun bhai & arun kept dragging me to the stall. Many times I see barista & CCD people *coughing* neat & clean idiots *coughing over*, sipping on cup of coffee. I watch them, watch them with pity in my eyes for them. But anyways let them show-off their high-class standards with their extra costly & boring coffee and you guys cheers on the kitli’s chai.

I don’t drink tea anymore because I am habitual to it or something, it’s just because I want to be there, want to have nice conversation with people there, want to do kaan-masti with Bhavin!!! I hope making it national drink doesn’t change it price :/

Jay ho cutting ki!!!

BTW bhakti is not around so all girls are invited for a cup of tea at my place. I promise I won’t disappoint you!! :p
*murmurs* ek garam chai ki pyali ho.. koi usko pilane vali ho.... 

3 comments:

hardik patel said...

Quite interesting ..! :) Gr8..!

ChiRAG said...

nice one dude.

Abhishek Gondalia said...

Thanks Guys!!
Hope you are sharing it :)